One of the best ways to get involved in any organization and to really impact your community while gaining enormous visibility for yourself and your business, is to join a board of directors. NAWBO-SJ’s board of volunteers takes on responsibilities to help shape the organization at the local chapter level. Each board member helps in their own way to create events, run events, market events, seek out sponsors, keep records, help organize and so on.
What are your best qualities? Do you already run a Marketing company? You’d make a great Marketing Director. Do you already have relationships with corporations? You would be perfect as the Director of Corporate Sponsorship. Whatever your talent or area of expertise, we’d love to have you on “board.”
– Be a member of NAWBO
– Have a desire to help others
– Be able to donate 10-20 hours a month to your position (some positions require less, please ask)
– Commit to one monthly board meeting (second Friday of the month)
– Previous board experience a plus but not necessary
A few of the benefits of being on the NAWBO-SJ board are
- financial assistance for attending the National Conference
- other free events or discounted pricing from some affiliate networking groups and chambers of commerce
- extra exposure for you and your business
- close, direct connections with other area board members and business associations
- the opportunity to help change and reinvigorate a national organization at the local chapter level
If this is something that interests you, please call us at 856.722.8125 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The management of the affairs of NAWBO South Jersey is entrusted to the Chapter’s Board of Directors that is responsible for carrying out the duties prescribed in the By-Laws and Policies and Procedures of the Chapter.
The members of NAWBO South Jersey’s Board of Directors (excluding the Immediate Past President and President) are elected by existing board membership of the chapter. All candidates for office must be Voting Members in good standing.
NAWBO South Jersey’s Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Immediate Past President
- Director of Member Services
- Director of Corporate Partnership
- Director of Public Policy
- Director of Professional Development
- Director of Technology
- Director of Public Relations
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Community Relations
and chairs of the standing committee as outlined in the by-laws or appointed by the President. Such chairs are not elected positions.
All Board Members serve a two year term and may serve no more than two consecutive years in the same position. The President Elect automatically serves as President upon completion of the term as President Elect. The President automatically serves as Immediate Past President following the term as President.
Board members are asked to attend monthly Board Meetings regularly, either in person or by conference call and are also asked to attend Chapter functions, programs and activities as often as possible. Each Board member may choose a Committee chairperson and solicit for volunteers from the general membership to assist in acting out the list of duties and activities within each position.
All board members can typically expect to:
- Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings.
- Enjoy the planning and participation of events and committee work.
- Network and connect with like-minded people, and spread the NAWBO vibe
- Work towards improving the NAWBO organization by educating others about membership and being a positive force on the board
- Get to know other directors and committee members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Be an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts (board retreat).
- Participate in fund raising, to the best of your ability.